There has been a significant increase in recent years in the number, range, and severity of corporate crises, and the level of public and government attention they have attracted. When incidents escalate to the point where they seriously jeopardise the image, value, or even existence of an organisation, effective crisis management is essential. Case studies have shown however that many organisations have been ill prepared to manage such strategic or operational disasters, and have suffered accordingly, with costs often running in the millions of dollars.
Our core services in this vital area include:
- Preparedness audits, assessing not only processes and procedures, but also corporate culture and skills, and issues and communications management protocols
- Design of company or industry wide crisis and emergency management structures, integrating all the key specialist functions, and each level of the response hierarchy
- Development of detailed crisis management and support teams' procedure guides, including both response and contingency or business continuity elements
- Conduct of briefing and training sessions, ranging from general awareness, to detailed roles, and specialist skills like media and stress / trauma management
- Running of corporate exercises to test and practice the plans, including desktop, role-played, and major live events with external stakeholder participation
At MC2 Pacific, we have assisted many major corporations to recognise the essential differences between crisis management and emergency response, and helped put in place at executive level all the essential strategies, processes, functional support arrangements, and stakeholder communications mechanisms, to create a high level of response and recovery preparedness.